Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Monday, February 27, 2012
Let's talk about sexism in gaming again.
by Seth Fisher
In a manifesto (er, “ideas piece”) about the importance of the workplace in writing, Alain de Botton calls on contemporary writers to write about work. “If a proverbial alien landed on earth,” he says, “and tried to figure out what human beings did with their time simply on the evidence of the literature sections of a typical bookstore, he or she would come away thinking that we devote ourselves almost exclusively to leading complex relationships, squabbling with our parents, and occasionally murdering people.” Yet work, according to de Botton, is at the core of who we are. So why don’t we write about it?...
It’s all up to luck. We’re just going to have to hope that, for every situation, there’s some good writer somewhere who’s interested in that situation.
I think the following list pretty much covers it as far as the priorities people refer to when the possible sexism in gaming art and the themes in games comes up:
(Caveat that will probably go unread: There are, quite obviously, other priorities one could have, but we are only talking here of ones that come up in the context of sexism in games.)
Priorities mean a very specific thing. If a situation arose where you had to choose between A and B, which would you choose?
My personal priorities when looking at a given game product go A, then B…… and I don't care about C or D.
If yours go D…(and then anything else) then I think this is a long-term losing strategy for you: you will be disappointed because the best you can do is attract a large variety of people to a hobby which no longer has anything good left in it and so why bother attracting them? And who wants to broaden a hobby's appeal if it ceases to have anything good in it? While I respect but do not share your desire to grow the hobby, I don't think prioritizing that over actually making good stuff is going to help you get what you want.
A lot of the discussion of comic books I like--it seems to be from people whose priorities about the comic in question start with B or D. Like Concerned Parents' groups, it never even occurs to them that the comic could be, in any real sense, good: so sacrificing any element of its goodness for some larger pedagogical goal seems fine to them.
So that's that part: Games and the things in them should be good. In evaluating games, the rest needs to be secondary. Secondary does not mean 'nonexistent'. It just means second. Just ask Will Riker.
These are the stakeholders in these debates:
The Creative People
Another thing that seems to come up a lot in sexism-in-RPG debates is this idea that the game Company is obsessed with money and the Audience is the Audience and is interested in being either expanded or pandered to or catered to and the actual people making the product (the Creative People) are performing monkeys in the middle who simply enact whatever the company tells them. These people will tell you it would never occur to a lesbian to draw a sexy lady in a game book unless the market demanded it.
This is wrong. In terms of who is responsible for what, the creative employees need to be thought of as real artists in the following sense: they get paid so little compared to other jobs they could perform with the same skills that we have to assume they would not be in the field at all unless it was because they hoped to (and occasionally did) produce things that they liked and wanted to see.
In other words: if there are boobs in a picture, the main reason is not necessarily because the Audience wants boobs or the Company assumes the Audience wants boobs but because the artist wanted the boobs there.
Why do artists put in the boobs?
The ordinary idiot answer is They are sexist They are unconsciously sexist or They exist in a sexist context etc and all this is lies.
Let us consider an example that has been attacked: Jim Lee's new Justice League comics.
We have a rare opportunity here because Jim Lee not only drew them but designed the costumes. He is the responsible party.
I think we have a legitimate case of maybe-sexism here in terms of the composition of the group: Black Canary and Hawkgirl could easily have been added without messing with the Iconicness of the JL and were not. John Stewart, the black Green Lantern, maybe, too, and Jim Lee himself might have wondered why we still don't have an iconic Asian superhero. But this isn't what I have seen jumped on...
This has been attacked as sexist on account of the costumes. That is: Wonder Woman's costume is way more revealing than the rest of the team.
Now some people, citing the ineluctable and uncategorizable variety (from a straight guy POV) of What Women and Gay Dudes Consider Sexy, might say the men here are as sexualized as the women. I am not one of them. I am going to go ahead and say, for my money, absofuckinglutely the men here are not as sexualized as Wonder Woman.
However, I think saying this makes it sexist is as much of a mistake as saying the imagery in an Enya video is sexist, and for the same reason.
All artists work well with some limitations, none work well with limitations that keep them from thinking about what they want to think about. We don't have any choice about the fact that a great many artists are male and the majority of them want to think about and describe women they think are beautiful in their work and we don't have any choice about what about them they consider beautiful. If we ask them to be democratic and draw something else then sometimes this is a challenge they'll take, but if they don't, well, that's probably because they realize they are not going to be able to do anything with it. I would no more ask Adam Hughes to draw a man he didn't want to than to blow one. I would no more ask Tom of Finland to draw a sexy lady than eat one out.
(To see "Artists are best at drawing what they're excited about" translated with impeccable troll logic by some sexist homophobe into "straight male artists are incapable of drawing non-sexualised women because they are slaves to their boners " go here. It's at the bottom of that page courtesy of a monocle-dropping internet rando named "potatocubed" who apparently doesn't get that women can be artists and not all drawers of sexy ladies are dudes. If any friend of potatocubed is reading this--please please recognize you have a responsibility to both potatocubed and the wider RPG community to try to convince potatocubed to seek professional therapy of some kind. Or--if potatocubed is already in therapy--to recommend potatocubed indulge in therapy with greater verve. And, in general, if anyone needs me to patiently explain the difference between "people have creative instincts and some of them aren't psychotic prudes about them" and the crazy straw man potatocubed typed, just ask in the comments, like a grown-up, rather than anonymously whining about it in a for-profit 'Chan.)
Watch what happens when we ask someone to design a game they wouldn't want to play...
"How much money do you have? Well, there’s no absurdly simplistic "3d6x10gp" here. *snerk* Oh no. Starting characters have Net Worth, and Bank Accounts, and Cash on Hand, and Disposable Monthly Income, all determined by random rolls derived from their social class, sorry, SEC. On top of this they also have their Basic Possessions: Dwellings, Clothes and Furnishing, Misc. Gear, and GM's Option. We're also told to refer to the Advanced Mythus rules for even more(!) detail."
--Vaults of Nagoh on Gygax and Newton's "Mythus"
Hey there! This is Dave Newton - I co-wrote Mythus with Gary. So sorry to hear that you felt the game wasn't to your liking. One of the first things I did when I started playing was to throw out half of the rules we wrote. Most of the filler was intended for the anal-retentive GMs and min-maxing players that couldn't solve a roleplaying issue without consulting a rulebook.
An art magazine asked me to draw the women on The View once. I said Look, I am not going to parody people just because I can't think of anything else interesting to me as a draftsman about the way they look and I cannot sit and think about the women on The View for as long as I can sit and think about the women I actually paint in my pictures and I do not feel bad enough about sex to feel bad about that: get somebody else.
If Jim Lee made the team look like this because he was worried about selling comics: fuck him, he's already rich and is prioritizing money over social justice. But if he did it because that was what he thought looked best? That's him doing his job. His only job.
Jim Lee can't be called sexist and neither can his cover. He's Jim Lee being Jim Lee which is what he is getting paid to do because no matter how hard the industry tries (and it has tried very hard for a shockingly long time) you can't get anyone else who isn't actually Jim Lee to draw like Jim Lee. However...
So it's not sexist? Ok, it is actually...
Now wait, other than composition of the team, there is a real problem with this Justice League cover: this team looks like a million other teams. As people so often point out, sexism is about context.
In a world where comics are read by very young people (and games are played by young people) and some female people (not many I know, but I suppose either they are out there or there's only one but she has a lot of screen names) do not like the relative revealingness of Wonder Woman's costume, there should be a variety of kinds of costumes for female characters. There kinda isn't. I mean: an infinite number of comic book costumes exist, but most women in comics that show up a lot show up in the sexy and revealing kind.
Yet if we ask artists to make art they do not want to make, we are messing with priority A. Which is the most important one.
So what do you do?
So: you want justice? Hire women.
Do you know why nobody asks for this? It's the scariest option.
It's the one that demands that the product actually be creative, which means the artists don't get to rely on "Oh I was just giving the client what they asked for" and have to actually think and be responsible for the awesomeness or lack thereof of what they produce.
In other words, nobody's ass gets covered in this solution. There are no guarantees.
There are already a million RPGs on the market. The only reason to buy a new one is if it brings something new to the table. If we aren't willing to let artists be Artists then we might as well admit we are just buying shit to see ideas we already have reified in print rather than to experience new ones and admit we came to this show hoping for Comfort rather than ROCK.
The point I make above: "Artists are best at drawing what they're excited about" is translated with impeccable troll logic by a white, cishet sexist homophobe named Chris Longhurst (aka "potatocubed") (quote: " Until embarrassingly recently I used to reject the principles of feminism because I found them challenging") into "straight male artists are incapable of drawing non-sexualised women because they are slaves to their boners " here as part of that troll board's regulars' 3 years+ ongoing harassment campaign (which began, oddly enough, with attacking my group for playing the wrong edition of D&D then quickly moving on to attacking my girlfriend for having extension cords on her Amazon wishlist).
If any friend of Chris Longhurst is reading this--please please recognize you have a responsibility to both potatocubed and the wider RPG community to try to convince Chris Longhurst to seek professional therapy of some kind.
Sunday, February 26, 2012
Saturday, February 25, 2012
_Didn't but fought the king of the Royal Fist Monkeys. Near TPK. Everyone's down from monkey fighting but Connie. Until the king tried to bite Connie and she shoved a sleeping potion in his mouth and he rolled a four. Took his crown, cut their losses, and headed back to civilization, screw catching medusas. (Got attacked by a witch that sinks their boat on the way home, but whatever--they have a rowboat.)
_So then like new player coming in--Izzy. She is used to straight up 3.5, she's a Raptoran which is like a bird person but not a birdhead kind of bird person. She's speaks elvish. Like Izzy does, not her character--like actual Drow. So does or did Satine. Her PC has this Elvish name but we can just call her Mi.
-Also here's a twistment: Kimberly Kane decided to go druid, she is not elvishnamed. Her new character's name is Dirty D. No, her barbarian did not die. KK just got real excited about Call Lightning.
_Same dog though. Or same dog family. She's up to Sueno 7. She swears Sueno 7 is making it to 20th level.
-Anyway so they like show up and go drinking. And so like I get to roll on the chart with the bars in it in that book I wrote, they walk into the Frigid Cudgel where the bartender has a ferret
-...that is actually a polymorphed wizard. Which fact is on my chart in my book for some reason. And KK knows this because she's a druid and can talk to animals.
-So then I get to do a ferret impression. Always a pip.
-Life goes on, an objective is selected by the players. (One of those Red Marches days where they could pretty much make you go anywhere if they were perverse enough.) It is across the sea.
-I just realized I implied like I do ferret impressions all the time. Which I don't. This isn't Ferret Guard. Satine's old character had a ferret. But I think she died before anybody could talk to it and find out like the feelings it had and who it really was inside. Or was it a weasel? Need continuity cops. Are you still reading this?
-They catch a boat manned by some Drownesians.
-Things progress. At some point I have to solve the following physics problem:
If you fire a Type III-era Fireball at the surface of the ocean directly beneath a giant mutant mindcontrol starfish* that is chewing on the side of a boat which that starfish is approximately the same size as during a combat round where that starfish has been frozen in time, what are the chances that the boat itself will catch on fire (which of course consideration is the reason for the water's surface being targeted and not the aforementioned radially symmetrical megachinoderm)?
-Now they are playing an organ where the pipes are shaped like life-sized petrified people screaming.
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
So as you may or may not know, I made this Die Drop Instadungeon. (Which I remember now about how someone made an easier-to-read version of the map-part here).
So you take the map, drop some dice:
Then you have those places with those things in them. If you make copies of the Instaregion map you can circle them (superfast, you can build the region as its explored if you are a megaslacker) or just make a new map where you white out the other stuff, like so:
My Instaregion does not include basic terrain type (like: are we on permafrost, water, grassland, desert, etc or what) since in my game that level of granularity is already known. (Though you could totally make one of those). This is more for just "hex dressing" and setting what random encounters or other features are in the hexes.
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Monday, February 20, 2012
Myxomatosis is an animal's disease,
-T. Rex ("Left Hand Luke And The Beggar Boys")
What we end up with are dinosaur-riding sorcerous cavemen exploring ancient ruins and pursuing the Greys for their nifty rocket launchers while being pursued in turn by Nyarlathotep and some undead mummies.
Why? Fuck you, that's why.
-Jim Stutz (RPGnet review of Carcosa)
People talk about and think about this idea:
Mere color, unspoiled by meaning, and unallied with definite form, can speak to the soul in a thousand different ways.
And now for something that makes no sense and is rad:
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
As you know, we here at D&DWPS are dedicated to saving all of you busy game masters time. So instead of wasting those long hours you could be using to work on your Random Bullette-Sniffing Table or preparing the PDF version of Asymptote of Infinite Slaughter for print slapping buttons on your machine in an attempt to imitate articulate thought, you may now simply refer back to this page and write "GENERIC COMMENT 16" or whatever next time you are enraged by The Internet.
HERE ARE PICTURES AND WORDS - Comment - Hang out - Share
1. ADULATION AND/OR RAGE Yesterday 7:55 AM
2. NON SEQUITUR, VERNACULAR ENGLISH Yesterday 7:56 AM
3. NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY OR POSTED I WILL RESPOND THE SAME AND ACT LIKE TL;DR; ABOUT A FEW HUNDRED WORDS IS A VALID OPTION BEFORE COMMUNICATING Yesterday 7:58 AM
4. LENGTHY, RAMBLING COMMENT OSTENSIBLY ABOUT YOUR POST BUT ACTUALLY ABOUT ME AND HOW AWESOME I AM/MY OPINION IS/MY BLOG IS. Yesterday 8:02 AM
5. NOT GETTING THE JOKE. Yesterday 8:06 AM
6. THING ABOUT HOW WELL WHAT You SAID WAS OKAY BUT WHat SOmmmEPEOPle (UNNAMED) YOU HANG WITH SAY ON THIS ISSUE IS REGRESSIVE AND ATAVISTIC AND THAT'S WHY I CAN BARELY STAND IT AROUND HERE Yesterday 8:06 AM (edited) -
7. QUASI-RELEVANT STAR TREK REFERENCE
Yesterday 8:09 AM +1
8. HAWKWIND REFERENCE, EXPLAINS JOKE TO THREE PREVIOUS POSTER
Yesterday 8:10 AM - +2
9. DISAGREEMENT BASED ON CLOSED MINDEDNESS
Yesterday 9:24 AM
10. (a) ACCUSATION OF SOME MANNER OF -ISM! (b)AD HOMINEM ATTACK THAT NEGATES ANY ACTUAL POINT I MAY HAVE HAD.
Yesterday 9:27 AM +1
11. IRRELEVANT ANECDOTE and/or INTERNET MEME
Yesterday 9:29 AM (edited)
12. ARGUMENTATIVE CONTRADICTION
Yesterday 9:29 AM
13. RESPONSE TO ORIGINAL POST INDICATING I DIDN'T READ THE COMMENTS (W/REFERENCE TO COMMENTER'S WIFE)
Yesterday 9:29 AM
14. RELIGIOUS OFFENSE
Yesterday 9:35 AM +1
15. LOOK AT THIS CAT.
Yesterday 9:36 AM +2
16. JOKING STATEMENT ABOUT ORIGINAL POST UNDERMINING LEGITIMATE COSPLAY Yesterday 9:37 AM +3
17. POSTING ABOUT SOMETHING COMPLETELY UNRELATED TO THIS THREAD Yesterday 9:39 AM
18. DID YOU READ HUGE RUINED SCOTT'S POST ABOUT THE TOPIC CURRENTLY UNDER DISCUSSION? MAN! Yesterday 9:40 AM - +3
19. PRAISE FOR SOMETHING ZAK/JRIENTS SAID
=P Yesterday 9:41 AM +1
20. POSTING LATE TO PARTY, RE-TREAD POINTS ALREADY COVERED. DIDN'T READ PREVIOUS POSTS. Yesterday 9:42 AM +1
21. POST IN RESPONSE TO PREVIOUS POST THAT STARTS THE ARGUMENT ALL OVER AGAIN Yesterday 9:44 AM
22. ADULATION AND/OR RAGE Yesterday 9:45 AM +2
23. BLOG POST TO EXPLAIN WHAT I DISAGREE WITH IN THIS THREAD.
http://betweengoodandawful.blogspot.com/2012/02/blog-post-to-counter-things-i-disagree.html Yesterday 9:47 AM +3
24. LINK TO A FORUM THREAD CURRENTLY DISCUSSING THE TOPIC AT HAND IN A WAY I FIND RIDICULOUS AND/OR SAD Yesterday 9:48 AM
25. WELTSCHMERZ-DRENCHED HEAD-SHAKING POST ABOUT HOW THOSE POOR BENIGHTED SODS ON THAT FORUM STILL HAVE NOT GOT THE MEMO Yesterday 10:06 AM (edited) -
26. RIDICULOUS COMPARISON OF TOPIC OF DISCUSSION TO ACTUAL TRAGEDY/SERIOUS SOCIAL ISSUE/CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY and/or INVOCATION OF GODWIN'S LAW. Yesterday 9:50 AM +1
27. ASSERTION THAT I HAVE NOT DONE THE THING DISCUSSED AND THEREFORE NO ONE HAS AND IT IS IMPOSSIBLE Yesterday 9:50 AM
28. ASSERTION THAT I HAVE DONE THING DISCUSSED AND HAVE SINCE 1974. Yesterday 9:52 AM (edited)
29. ASSERTION THAT YOU ARE REVISIONIST AND ELITIST AND DON'T WANT MY FRIEND/SPOUSE/GRANDMOTHER TO BE INVOLVED IN THE HOBBY Yesterday 9:52 AM +4
30. BRIEF BOLD SMUG SMIRKING ASSERTION OF MY POSITION AS NORMATIVE FOLLOWED BY LAUGHY EMOTICON Yesterday 9:53 AM - +1
31. DECLARATION OF MY QUITTING THE 'OSR' AND ALSO WHY BOTHER Yesterday 9:55 AM
32. PERSON WHO MADE MOST OVER-REACHY STATEMENT AND WAS CALLED ON IT NOW ASSERTS MOM IS CALLING/THEY ARE MOM IN QUESTION AND SAYS THEY HAVE TO GO DO ACTIVITIES THUS HOPEFULLY IMPLYING PEOPLE QUESTIONING SAID STATEMENT ARE ONLY DOING SO BECAUSE THEY ARE OUT OF TOUCH WITH CONCERNS OF NORMATIVE HUMAN MEATWORLD Yesterday 10:00 AM -
33. IF THAT MAKES ME A (gaming niche group) THEN OH WELL Yesterday 10:00 AM
34. WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN Yesterday 10:02 AM
35. ACCUSATION THAT PREVIOUS POSTER IS SECRETLY ATTACKING (same gaming niche group) EVEN THOUGH HE IS NOT. OUTRAGE OVER THE FACT THAT HE CLAIMS IT DILUTES (game x) Yesterday 10:02 AM
36. FEELINGS HURT OVER ACCUSATIONS, BLOG DELETED IN RAGE. ONLY TO REAPPEAR LATER WITH APOLOGIES TO ALL INVOLVED. Yesterday 10:03 AM +2
37. RANDOM SEXUAL INNUENDO FOLLOWED BY WINKY EMOTICON Yesterday 10:05 AM
38. JOKINGLY GENERIC COMMENT IN ALL CAPS Yesterday 10:05 AM +1
39. IGNORES PREVIOUS POSTER TO FLIRT WITH TWO PRECIOUS POSTER Yesterday 10:10 AM +3
40. LINK TO WEIRD YOUTUBE VIDEO :EMOTICON-D Yesterday 10:11 AM
41. CHEERIO PIP PIP GUMDROPS BELLYDROP RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE Yesterday 10:11 AM
42. ALL JOKING ASIDE VERY LONG LIBERAL "YOU'RE BOTH RIGHT" POST THAT CONTAINS D4 LOGICAL FALLACIES BUT GETS +3 ANYWAY Yesterday 10:13 AM - +3
43. VEHEMENT DISAGREEMENT WITH "RABBLE RABBLE" COMMENT REGARDING HOW ILL INFORMED PEOPLE FROM ACROSS THE POND ARE. Yesterday 10:13 AM +1
44. ALSO, STOP RUINING MY LANGUAGE, SPEAK MURIKAN DAMMIT Yesterday 10:13 AM +1
45. POINTLESS AFFIRMATION OF LIBERAL POST WITHOUT ACTUALLY +1ING IT. Yesterday 10:15 AM +1
46. POOR READING SKILLS LEAD ME TO AGREE, YES, BOTH ARE RIGHT Yesterday 10:15 AM
47. ^ THIS. Yesterday 10:16 AM +2
48. FATMAN ASSERTS Y'ALL NEED TO RELAX Yesterday 10:16 AM
49. ANNOYED IGNORING OF ENTIRE THREAD, STARTS IRONIC METATHREAD TO MOCK THE TROPES OF THE ARGUMENT ELSEWHERE Yesterday 10:16 AM +2
50. (a) ASSERTION THAT METATHREAD TRIVIALIZES ISSUE, (b) DEMAND THAT METATHREADER STOP TRYING TO SILENCE "US" (SET VAGUELY/OBVIOUSLY-INCORRECTLY DEFINED) Yesterday 10:18 AM
51. RESORTS TO "OH YEAH LIKE GAMING IS SRS BIZNESS" ARGUMENT, SUBTLY MANIFESTING HOBBY'S INHERENT SELF-LOATHING Yesterday 10:22 AM
52. EXTREMELY ANGRY COMMENT BUT MY AVATAR IS A SMILEY WHITE BABY I HAD Yesterday 10:23 AM - +3
53. OUTRAGE BASED ON MISUNDERSTANDING SEVERAL PREVIOUS POSTS WERE SARCASTIC CAUSED BY THE LACK OF VOCAL AND NON-VERBAL CUES ON THE INTERNET. Yesterday 10:24 AM
54. CITES DAVE ARNESON PRODUCT OR ANIME THAT DID THIS THING DECADES AGO, MAKES OP SAD. Yesterday 10:25 AM
55. REMINDS YOU ALL OF YOUR OBLIGATION TO HOW I AM RAISING MY CHILDREN Yesterday 10:26 AM +1
56. ADD COMMENT REDUNDANT TO PREVIOUS COMMENTS INDICATING NOT HAVING BOTHERED TO READ ANYONE ELSE'S. SUGGEST GAME PRODUCT YOU ARE ALREADY FAMILIAR WITH Yesterday 10:27 AM (edited) +2
57. Barry Blatt SUGGESTS WHOLE ARGUMENT IS FREAKISHLY PROVINCIAL VIA DEFT USE OF COCKNEY SLANG (aka "Pulling a Barry") Yesterday 10:28 AM - +1
58. COMMENT ABOUT HOW THE OP IS POINTLESS BECAUSE NO ONE USES THAT SYSTEM/RULE/BOOK ANYWAY COUPLED WITH A SUGGESTION OF MY PET SYSTEM THAT IS COMPLETELY INCOMPATIBLE WITH WHAT THE OP WAS ASKING FOR. Yesterday 10:29 AM
59. ASSERTION OF HOW ITS DONE IN POSTER'S RETROCLONE/HEARTBREAKER THAT CUTS GORDIAN KNOT PERFECTLY & THAT GETS +8 BUT WILL NOT BE IMPLEMENTED BY ANYONE READING BECAUSE PRODUCT IS NOT ANY EDITION OF D&D. HEARTS BREAK. Yesterday 10:31 AM
60. POSTED LINK INCITES MONOSYLLABIC TROLL REPLY Yesterday 10:31 AM
61. LONG DIGRESSION IN RESPONSE TO JOKE EXPLANATION RENDERED POINTLESS BY CONFUSING HAWKWIND WITH HAWK THE SLAYER. Yesterday 10:32 AM
62. FORGET CONSEQUENCES OF THE LAST COMMENT POSTED ON A LIVELY THREAD LIKE THIS, CARELESSLY POST SOMETHING THAT DERAILS ENTIRE DISCUSSION. Yesterday 10:32 AM
63. GETS INSPIRED TO WRITE HEARTBREAKER TO ADDRESS THIS ENTIRE THREAD'S PROBLEM. TOTALLY FUCKING PUBLISHES IT TWO YEARS LATER TO CRICKETS. Yesterday 10:32 AM +1
64. CRICKETS DEVOUR WORLD Yesterday 10:33 AM +2
65. (a)ADD POINTLESS CC TO +Zak Smith . (b)PLUG KICKSTARTER PROJECT THAT YOU WILL GET LESS PRODUCT THAN IF YOU PAID RETAIL Yesterday 10:33 AM +1
66. POST TO LET YOU ALL KNOW I JUST MUTED IT AND WILL NOT BE RESPONDING TO ANY FURTHER ATTACKS WHILE INSINUATING THAT YOU ALL ARE IGNORANT SAVAGE CURS Yesterday 10:34 AM +3
67. AFTER RETIRING FROM BLOG AND PUBLIC STATUS, RE-EMERGE AND DUMP OIL ON FIRE. ONLY TO DISAPPEAR FROM NET WITHIN MINUTES OF POSTING. Yesterday 10:35 AM +2
68. IGNORES ALL COMMENTS AND DISCUSSION TO POST I 'JUST WANT TO THANK ORIGINAL POSTER FOR BEING SO BRAVE SAYING THESE THINGS' Yesterday 10:36 AM
69. (DOES NOT POST BUT CHECKS TO SEE IF EVERYBODY ELSE WHO IS WRONG IS G+ FRIENDS WITH CUR-INSINUATOR AND/OR DESIGNER OF OBVIOUSLY UNDESIRABLE GAME WHOSE PREMISE INDICATES OBVIOUS INCONGRUITY OF GAME'S GOALS WITH CHECKER'S GAMING AESTHETICS) Yesterday 10:37 AM (edited) - +1
70. POST ABOUT HOW MY FATHER SAYS WHATEVER PREVIOUS POST SAYS, POTTER! Yesterday 10:37 AM
71. OBSERVATION ABOUT HOW I GO AWAY TO LOCAL CONVENIENT CHAIN STORE FOR 10 MINUTES AND THREAD BECOMES SIGNIFICANTLY LONGER. CHAIN STORE REFERENCE WILL CONFUSE 25% OF READERS, ONE OF WHOM WILL REQUEST CLARIFICATION SIMULTANEOUS WITH IN-KNOW READER POSTING INSIDE LOCAL JOKE CONCERNING IT. POSTERS WILL REALIZE THEY LIVE ACROSS STREET FROM EACH OTHER. GET OFF-LINE, GO PLAY GAME. Yesterday 10:41 AM - +3
72. GO PLAY GAME OF [INAPPROPRIATE ACTION]! YEAHHHH! Yesterday 10:46 AM
73. MAKE GENERALIZED ATTACK ON THREAD PARTICIPANTS ANONYMOUSLY. EXHIBIT SEXUAL ANXIETY.
Yesterday 10:47 AM +1
74. TL;DR; Yesterday 10:47 AM +1
75. GERTCHA! Yesterday 10:54 AM +3
76. (YouTube Link) Chas And Dave GertchaYesterday 11:02 AM (edited)
77. COMMENT ABOUT HOW YOUTUBE VIDEO IS BLOCKED IN COMMENTER'S NATION OF RESIDENCE Yesterday 11:03 AM (edited) - +1
78. EXPLANATION OF YOUTUBE VIDEO THAT IS REALLY BORING AND NOT FUNNY Yesterday 11:06 AM
79. FINAL WORD THAT IS REALLY CONDESCENDING AND DEROGATORY Yesterday 11:56 AM +2
80. LATE-TO-PARTY COMMENT INTIMATING THAT I READ ENTIRE THREAD, YET ABSORBED NOTHING. TRIES TO BE QUIRKILY AMUSING, BUT IS IGNORED BY ALL AS IRRELEVANT. CRIES ALONE IN BASEMENT. Yesterday 12:15 PM +1
Yesterday 4:39 PM ........................................................................................
82. EXACT SAME ARGUMENT ONE WEEK LATER Yesterday 10:11 AM
83. (FORCED) CHUCKLE ABOUT HOW DIVISIVENESS OF ISSUE AMONG FINANCIALLY INSIGNIFICANT SUBCLIQUE OF GAMERS IS IRREVOCABLE EVIDENCE THAT 5E IS A MISGUIDED AND QUIXOTIC PROJECT Yesterday 11:48 AM -
84. (a) PERSONAL MATTER OF TASTE PROJECTED AS STRONGLY-WORDED VALUE STATEMENT. (b)PIOUS SERMON IN FAVOR OF SMALL CAPITALIST ENTERPRISE OVER LARGE CAPITALIST REPRINTS OF CHERISHED OLD GAME PRODUCT Yesterday 11:59 AM (edited)
85. YELLING AT PREVIOUS POSTER ABOUT UNINTEREST IN CAPITALIST PRODUCT BECAUSE OF SOMEWHAT SIMILAR THING ALREADY ON A BLOG THAT IS FREE BUT ANOTHER CAPITALIST IS MAKING AD MONEY OFF OF.
THEN REALIZING I MISREAD WHAT HE SAID. Yesterday 12:17 PM (edited) +3
86. ZAK EXTENDS OLIVE BRANCH TO 4E PEOPLE AND ATTEMPTS TO UNDERSTAND THEM Yesterday 12:32 PM +2
87. 4E PARTISAN DECENDS UPON THREAD WITH Fire and Brimstone (Level 5 Daily Power) AND Magic Missile (Level 1 At-Will). Yesterday 12:36 PM +1
88. DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE A TO-HIT ROLL FOR THAT? Yesterday 12:37 PM
89. Fire and Brimstone IS VS FORT OR BE STUNNED FOR ONE THREAD.
Magic Missile IS VS REF OR BE PUSHED TO UNRELATED THREAD (Save Negates) Yesterday 12:39 PM
90. WE HAD THESE STATUS CARDS THAT WERE REALLY FULL SIZED PIECES OF PAPER AND WE FOLDED THEM INTO PAPER HATS AND PLAYERS WORE THEM. IT WAS FUN. Yesterday 12:50 PM +1
91. HOPES (argument) WILL NOT BE IN 5E Yesterday 12:50 PM
92. WHY ARE YOU GOING BACKWARDS MY GOD Yesterday 12:55 PM (edited)
93. LAMENTS THE FACT THE WE ALL CANT JUST GET ALONG. PERSONALLY CAN, WARMED BY SMUG SUPERIORITY Yesterday 4:40 PM
94. QUOTES CS LEWIS OR ROBERT HEINLEIN
Yesterday 12:36 PM +1
95. STRANGE REVERIE/TANGENT ABOUT HOW WE USED TO ROLL IT BACK IN THE DAY, CLEARLY PAINKILLER-FUELLED Yesterday 12:38 PM +1
96. COMMENT IRONICALLY ASKING WHAT? IS COMMENTER NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE OWN OPINION? IN WAY THAT INDICATES COMMENTER COULD NOT POSSIBLY BE SMART ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND HOW MANY THINGS ARE WRONG ABOUT THAT RHETORICAL QUESTION Yesterday 12:40 PM +1
97. SEX DWARF Yesterday 12:43 PM +1
98. Hello this information are like simple to learn more message to this website and also getting the wonderful to follow this message i easily to achieve this ranking position to this field. Yesterday 12:47 PM
99. COMMENT DOOMED TO BE IGNORED SINCE COMMENTER LOST ALL CREDIBILITY LONG AGO Yesterday 12:54 PM
00. COMMENT WHERE YOU'RE LIKE IS THIS JUST NOT A NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKER OR IS THIS PERSON SUCH A TWEEZER THAT HE ACTUALLY TALKS LIKE THAT? Yesterday 12:50 PM +1
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
3-4...is obsessed with...
5-6...has an uneasy alliance with...
7-8...seeks to control...
9-10...reluctantly trades with...
11-12...sexually involved with...
13-14...seeks the destruction of...
15-16...seeks the return of...
21-22..is at war with...
25-26...wants to eat/consume/absorb...
27-28...cannot sense____ & this is dangerous
29-30...is inoperative/immobile/comatose without....
31-32...does not want to harm____but feels s/he must
35-36...requires___as a raw material for some magical/psychic alchemical scheme
39-40...wants to attack___ but is bound by some thing not to do so directly
41-42....uneasily shares power with...
43-44...pressured to be allied with...